Organic Shea Nilotica Butter
11.00 €(100 ml = 11.00 €)
Shea Nilotica (Vitellaria paradoxa nilotica) is one of the most precious shea butters. Harvested from the Ugandan rainforests by a co-op of village women, this cream is pure and unrefined. Nothing is added and nothing is taken away. More importantly no chemicals are used to extract the shea butter from the nuts.
The cream is soft and nourishing and leaves skin silky smooth. It is certified organic bymy supplier. The best shea butter on the market by far.
Use it like a cream: apply after bathing as a body cream or after cleansing and toning as a facial cream. Or try as a facial cleanser: smooth over you face and take off with a damp cotton wool pad (better still, use our recycled cotton pads). Another tip is to add 1/4 teaspoon of jojoba beads to 2 table spoons of Shea Nilotica and use this as a very mild exfoliator. Either way you will notice the superior qualities of our Shea Nilotica within just a few weeks of using it - and you won't want to be without it any more. Perfecft for use as a baby balm (i.e. nappy rash or general skin maintenance). In Uganda mothers use this precious butter to smother their babies and toddler from head to toe in it - helps to keep baby's skin soft and supple.
- 100% fair trade
- certified organic
- 100% pure, natural product - nothing added
- one of the most versatile creams in our range
- suitable for all skin types, especially for very sensitive and baby skin
- contains no preservatives such as parabens, no sulfates, DEAs or TEAS
- not tested on animals
- 100% vegan friendly
- one of our natural skincare products
Ingredients: Vitellaria paradoxa nilotica.
Net weight: 80g/2.82 wt.oz. Certified 100% bio (organic) / Kosher / certified by Prüfgesellschaft mbH by my supplier (DE-ÖKO-007). Supplied in a recyclable aluminium tin (food safe).
Nilotica has a lower melting point to Western African and so is more sensitive to heat. Please be aware that during transit, there is a possibility that it will be exposed to temperature changes causing it to melt. When it resets, it may develop a gritty texture (quite common with shea as well as some other natural butters). This is perfectly harmless and can be resolved by using the following method….
· In a double boiler, heat your shea to 170-185 degrees F (don't worry about spoiling the properties of the butter, this is not hot enough).
· Maintain this temperature for 15-20 minutes to ensure all fat crystals are completely melted.
· After 15-20 minutes allow to cool (rapid cooling will reduce the chances of crystals reforming - using a bowl of ice-water will speed the cooling process).
· This process can be repeated if any crystals reform after cooling and solidifying (can happen if heat is not maintained at right temperature or for long enough).
Nilotica should be stored in a cool, dark place away from sunlight and other heat sources. Probably best stored in the fridge.
- Price per item
- 2 piece(s) or more
- 10.00 €
- 6 piece(s) or more
- 9.00 €
- 12 piece(s) or more
- 8.50 €
- 18 piece(s) or more
- 7.95 €